Monday, February 20, 2012

1 Billion Steps... We Can Do This!

With the 1000 Challenge over I am going to start to better utilize the blog.  Last year the blog served as a kind of weekly collection of my thoughts and feelings as they pertained to the life of someone trying to achieve the goal of doing 1000 things he had never done before.

Now I want the blog to become more than a summary, I want it to kind of act as a gateway to what is going on in my day to day life.  I want to spend more time sharing random thoughts and ideas with you all. I want to be able to dive more in depth with certain ideas and issues on here as it is a much more formal space to do so than facebook, don't you think?  There will still be summaries too,but they will be in addition to the above. :)

So with that, I hope you all will check back more often as I plan on updating and posting more often :)

With that being said, onto the purpose of this post.  1 BILLION Steps in MARCH.  The main challenge will be recruiting enough people to make this a reality.  I KNOW WE CAN DO IT!  I have several friends and clients who have already pledged to take a part in it.  They are also pledging some pretty lofty goals as well.

I recorded a little video to share with you all, I call it my 1 Billion Challenge Ra Ra Chant (my best cheerleader speech).  I will post some more in the weeks to come.  If you are reading this and not a part of the 1 Billion Steps Challenge, I hope you will become a part of it.  Not only is 1 Billion Steps a cool goal to shoot for, but imagine how many people around the world we can inspire by achieving this goal.

Enjoy the video,

Carpe Diem,

Jesse




3 comments:

  1. YAY!! Depth discussions and interaction!! If you didn't see how I've been writing on the fb page when I first joined,... I've been trying to tone things down. I feel somethings I have written in response are too in depth and extensive. It's only because I am excited about this community and enjoy being an active participant! Yes! I agree this is a more of an appropriate place. :D I am trying not to assume; but for insight, I hope the lengthy comments haven't been annoying, and/or there hasn't been any feelings of "commandeering", esp from the last Ustream Chat. If there has, I apologize. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think having a forum separate from facebook for more in depth discussions will be great. It will take some time to get the blog discussions going, but keep with it and I am confident we will get there soon :)

      Delete
    2. Awesome! No problem. I understand. I can't imagine how busy you are. Let me know if you ever need help. If you need quick ref. on forum set up, any questions on configurations, program languages, database, etc. There is a sector of my closest friends that are fluent and full out Techies. Or if you need any help non tech related, I am always available and willing to help out with anything in general. :D
      Aside from that, you're always seeking interest in helping others and catering to the betterment of each person in your community. *Turning the tables* As a complete stranger: How are you? How is your progress on achieving your 2012 goals? Thanks for getting back to me!

      Delete