Wednesday, April 6, 2016

You Are Never to Young to Start Dreaming

You have heard all the phrases, "Dream Big," "If you can dream it you can achieve it," and so on.

Dream quotes, dream expressions, dream sayings... lets face it, they are everywhere.

As a kid one of the first dream statements I can remember is Martin Luther King Jr.'s " I have a Dream Speech."

Why is the "Dream" expression such a powerful one?  What is it about telling someone to go after their dreams that makes the statement so much more powerful vs saying go after your goals?

Would Dr. King's speech have had the same impact on us if he would have replaced the word "dream" with the word "goal?"  I don't think it would have.  I have a goal just does not have the same ring to it as does I have a dream.

You see dreams are something we can all relate to.  And they are something we all had well before we even had words.

Many of us get shy when it comes to setting goals, we believe we can't achieve certain ones and we are not deserving of others.  With dreams we do not limit ourselves.  We can dream the biggest dreams without fear, without judgement after all... it is just a dream right?

I believe that having dreams, big dreams, dreams for what you want in life, dreams for what you want to achieve are so so so important.

I also believe that You are never to young to start dreaming those dreams.



A couple years ago I recorded a video about the importance of dreaming and making those dreams come true.

As I re-watch the video today I am thankful that I started dreaming about being a speaker and coach long before I did it. 

What is a dream of yours?

What action can you take, today, to move towards that dream?

Carpe Diem,

Jesse

http://www.jessebrisendine.com
http://www.facebook.com/1year1000challenge


No comments:

Post a Comment