Sunday, August 14, 2016

Your Time is a Gift

I have been thinking a great deal about "time" the last few weeks.  I find it amazing that so many of us, myself included, repeatedly squander this most precious of resources.

It is one of the great ironies of our existence - when we are alive we always seem to be in a hurry; always wanting the time to pass.  We future pace ourselves so we can get to the next item on our agenda, the next vacation, the next day off from work, the next big event, and so on.

Yet when we are at the end of our lives we inevitably wish we had more time.  Why?

If only we could adopt that end of life perspective now, in the present, so that we can truly treasure each moment for the gift that it is.

How much would that perspective shift change our lives?
I once gave a speech for a Toastmasters competition.  My speech was on time.  The below is a recording of one of my practice sessions.  I share this video with you in hopes that the message contained within connects with you and inspires you to make the most of your time.
Carpe Diem,

Jesse


P.S.

If after watching this video you find yourself with wanting to make better use of your time and eliminate some of the things that are holding you back in life, you and I must talk!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment