Monday, January 24, 2011

Friday, Saturday, Sunday... Days 21, 22, & 23

When I landed in Santa Barbara last weekend, I was stoked, motivated, I felt like nothing could stop me from completing this 1000 list.  Sure, it was only the second week, but no big deal... I am doing so well already right?  What could possibly slow me down?  Well for starters tons of clients who were missing their sessions with me, in addition to several other work projects that needed my attention here in town.  Ahhhhhh life and the reality that keeping on track here in SB is going to be a little trickier than I thought.  I guess that means I now have 1001 challenges with the one being balancing (good thing I have tightrope walking and trapeze somewhere on the list to help with this).

I am not going to lie, there have been several moments where I have felt overwhelmed, I have thoughts creeping into my mind like "what the hell did I get myself into," and "why did I have to go off and tell the entire world about this?"  I have realized my list needs to be more organized for even quicker reference, I have realized my time management skills need to be refined that much more, I have realized that my dedication to myself and belief in my ability to accomplish this, along with everything else I want to do this year, needs to be that much greater.  And I realize the above equation... organization + time management + dedication to self + self belief = a recipe for success in any aspect of life.  Even more than that, that is the equation that allows us to really soak up every last second of life, to really make every single moment count and not only to make them count, but to make them great.

Coming home last night I was thinking about what I wanted to talk about in today's blog.  I looked at my odometer and realized I drove 240 miles this weekend!!!  This particular weekend had me going North for two amazing hikes and quick soak in some of the natural hot springs.  This weekend had me going south for a good friend and former client's 65th birthday/retirement party.  This weekend had me on the water for sunrise and in the mountains for sunset.  This weekend was filled with many hours of work and plenty for play.

This weekend was just what I needed to realize that I really CAN do this challenge.  I was all over the place and yet I still got so much done.  It was the perfect blend of chaos that I needed, to remind me that where there is a will there is a way.  And the best part is, I had a ton of fun doing it all. 

I have some R&R challenges on the list and more that are getting added.  I took on one of them yesterday, sneak into a pool.  I had never done this before.  This was one of those things that never came up in my teenage years, and for the last 10, I have had the beach.  And yet there is some sort of right of passage written between the lines of the simple "I snuck into a pool" phrase. 

So I did, and I took an amazing, much needed nap!  How's that for multi tasking?!?!

I begin this week still un-organzied, but confident I can get organized; I enter this week with still not the best time management skills, but an understanding of where I can do better, and thus squeeze in those extra prescious seconds of living life.  And, lastly, but most importantly, I enter this week with a strengthened dedication and belief in myself that I can do this and everything else.  I can live the life of my dreams.  We all can, we just have to want it bad enough.  We have to believe that we can accomplish/achieve/do anything and everything we want to do, and then set out to do it.

Enjoy the pics,

Carpe Diem,

Jesse




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the awesome pics. With all of the new snow and the freezing temperatures around here they are a welcome change for me ;)
    Why don't you set the need to organize yourself better as an additional challenge onto your list ? I guess you'll pretty soon be able to consider that one as 'done'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're not only doing all these, quite frankly, amazing things.. but I also like how you are also learning so much. Learning about yourself, and also new skills.. and I'm not sure which is more inspiring. But whatever, keep the faith..however it goes, we are all cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. each blog makes me thinking...... and pics are amazing!!!

    thanks, Jesse!!

    ReplyDelete