Friday, January 14, 2011

Thursday Day 13

With the rain pooring almost non stop yesterday, with the ocean water chocolate mud color due to the storming, and with my poor little body tired from all the active challenges, and with a long day of work in store, yesterday was a challenge.

For the first time since I have started this, I felt a little tired.  I am not one who needs a great deal of sleep, and I have really enjoyed balancing the 1000 challenge with still working full time.  Having said that, yesterday I was a little pooped.  In fact I had to talk myself into getting out of bed to write my blog this morning - I was so sleepy, but very happy to be up and writing now :)

One of the things I really was hoping for on this trip was to see a wild boar in the wild  As much as I have hiked, I never saw one.  I was feeling disappointed as I thought this was "THE" wildlife encounter I really wanted to have here, boy was I wrong.  As I was walking around yesterday I suddenly looked up and made eye contact with a wild mongoose.  Then there were two, then three, and finally four of them running around.  I was ecstatic.  The reason being, I was immediately rushed back to a time in my childhood where the cartoon, Riki Tiki Tavi was amongst my favorites.  If you haven't seen it, check it out on youtube.  I watched it on there last night.

I began reminiscing of a time as a kid when I used to watch that cartoon with a great deal of amazement wishing I could have a mongoose for a pet.  I used to run out into my yard with my make believe mongoose friend and together we would protect other animals in the yard from the imaginary evil snakes that lurked around.  Seeing those mongoose's was amazing!!!!!!

I feel like I try to connect with my inner child on a regular basis.  I feel like I do a fairly good job with finding fun and fascination in the little things.  I try to laugh a lot and not sweat the small stuff.  Having said that, I feel like doing this challenge is connecting me with that inner child on an entirely different level.  I notice myself playing more, giggling more; my friends and I have had so many times in the week I have been in Hawaii where we have been doubled over in tears laughing.  It really is amazing to see how this is engaging me in a new level with that part of me that loves to laugh, play, and have fun.

Please keep the comments and suggestions coming.  I love reading all them.  Also, those of you who have taken the time to send me personal emails - Thank You.  I am deeply honored that you would share your personal stories with me.  I am moved that my challenge is inspiring you to take steps forward in your own lives.

Until next time...

Carpe Diem,

Jesse



11 comments:

  1. *giggles* like a little girl. You should try riding a carabao (i think that's how you spell it) wait...do they have those on Hawaii? LOL...

    Hope your well rested.
    Blessings,
    Rhea

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome to read you!!i feel like i know u and that i was there with you!!Please keep going but be safe!! Every man need to rest from time to time, don't exhaust yourself or u will get sick and u need to be on a good shape to keep doing your list!!
    Be safe , take care, Laura from Fr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rikki Tiki Tavi! What a great memory! So glad you didn't have to tangle with them negatively or with a black cobra hanging around! :) Cute picture! Be safe, be well, Lisa from Tucson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can't believe you felt that about the mongoose... I won't take them for granted anymore, or see them as mere rodents... That was a great story to share... wonder if mongoose plural is actually mongeese:)... have a great day!!!! Glad to hear you laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connecting with your inner child...Impressive. I keep a photo of myself in my treatment room @ my business. I find it helps me laugh throughout the day..."dont sweat the small stuff" EXACTLY!! I am always amazed at how we were able to jump without thinking...love & let love ... and try anything without hesitation. Celebrate you ...EVERYDAY!! After your challenge is over....keep inspiring others to conquer there own.

    Thank you for letting us in to your world..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your approach is quite good: We should try to see the world through a child´s eyes. It would make our lives much easier...
    Maybe most of your challanges are "nonsense", but funny - and fun is the major lack in today´s life which is stressful, result- and success-oriented. Keep your positivity! Most of us can learn a lot by reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Inspiring.
    Stay strong.
    Keep us updated.
    You always have a great lesson in your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gotta say, if you wanted to see a wild boar, you are kind of crazy!! haha

    Absolutely! Being able to do all sorts of fun thins with dear friends definitely brings the best in us!!

    But now we have a problem! seeing all this pics from Hawaii and reading your great stories, I'll have to add another place to my "places-I-must-see-before-I-die" list!! :)

    Luana Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd say a mud colored ocean is still better than none, so thanks for sharing ;)

    I know about those childhood-flashback-moments, the last time I had one of those, was when there was this game on facebook where you had to put up a profile pic from your favorite childhood tv show. :)

    Have a safe trip back home and best wishes from Germany!

    Steffie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone. I love reading all your comments. I really look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete