Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Your Wondeful Life in a Jar

Happy New Year!

2012 is gone which means 2013 is here!

I hope this blog finds you working hard on all your 2013 goals.  It is going to be a great year, if you decide to make it so.

To help you all make this year the best one yet, check out the various facebook groups I have created to help you achieve all your goals.

 In 2013 I Challenge Myself To____

1 Million Positive Pounds Challenge

The most common New Years Resolution people make is a fitness related one.  If you are one of those people and would like a little extra support, professional guidance, and accountability, look no further than my exercise accountability group.  Check out all the details here.

I was at the gym the other day and overheard the following conversation:

"Man, I have had the worse day ever today."  The guy then explains in vivid detail about all the horrible (which really were not all that horrible in the grander scheme of life) things that happened to him that day.

The person listening to his rant responds, "Wow, that sounds awful.  I hate it when you have days like that, in fact, I had one like that recently."  He then goes on to describe his horrible day, again, in vivid detail.

It got me thinking.  Why is it that when it comes to the negative we can recall every single vivid detail and then some.  Not only that but we tell every single person that will give us an ear about all the horrible things that go on in our life.  Why do we do this?

Yet when it comes to the positive days, and the positive things that happen in day to day life, they get swept under the rug.  Often times barely a mention, let alone sharing with the world.  And when asked to recall details they get retold in far less vivid detail than the negative days.  

Need evidence, look no further than status updates on facebook.  We all have those friends who are all to willing to share, with the world, every "horrible" thing and piece of drama in their life.
 
On Monday, I was telling the above to a good friend of mine.  Then she told me about this great idea she had heard about.  Taking a jar and filling it up with notes on all the positive things that happen to you throughout the year.

You can fill it up as often as you like.  The whole idea is that this is another tool to help develop a positive mindset. 

Lets be honest we all need a little help focusing more on the positive and less on the negative.

On Tuesday I shared the photo she sent me and people seemed excited about it.  Many of you said you wanted to take the challenge with me.


 I write you this to help get the accountability ball rolling.  I have my jar, I even named it, and have put my first few notes in it, as you can see below...



I am not going to lie, looking at my jar seemed a little intimidating at first.  I mean, can I really fill a jar this size with positive things that happen?  And then I remembered my jar of change I shared with you all during the 1000 Challenge.  That jar started with a few pennies and grew to over $400 in lose change.  The metaphor, things from small beginnings can grow and yield big results.





Get your jars ready and start taking note of just how great your day to day life is.

Happy 2013.  Together we will make it the best year ever!

Carpe Diem,

Jesse














2 comments:

  1. What a great Idea with the empty Jar, to fill it. Thats what i do. Thanks for that idea, saw it today when Dani Ka posted hers.

    Happy 2013 Jesse and thank you for beeing you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea already have my jar set up and 2 things to go in it.

    ReplyDelete